7.28.2014

Monday Made It: Colored Sterilite Drawers


I'm so excited about my first "Monday Made It" hosted by Tara from 4th Grade Frolics.  You can click on the image below to see more "Monday Made It"s from other creative bloggers!
  

Because it's only my first "Monday Made It", I'm going to ease into it with 1 project!  Here it is...


As teachers, we all have seen/bought/used these Sterilite 3-Drawer Storage Carts.  I used them this year at each cooperative table group for storing journals, data folders, and library books/reading folders.  They were white and boring and I had to fix it!  

Here they are in all of their boringness:



With a little help of Rustoleum Painter's Touch Ultra Cover Gloss Spray Paint (Colors: Key Lime, Berry Pink, Seaside, & Real Orange), I was able to create these beauties!



I mean, what teacher wouldn't want these in their classroom?!

My kiddos' desks are set up in four cooperative learning groups and each group is assigned a color (Green Table, Pink Table, Blue Table, & Orange Table).  So these are going to look so perfect in my classroom!  I can't wait to get them in my classroom and see it come all together!  

What are you doing to prep for the school year?

15 comments:

  1. I am in love with your carts! They match my room colors PERFECTLY! I already had some smaller plastic drawers that I was going to paint black, but I may decide to go with some more bright colors. :)
    I just posted my first Monday Made It linky too! My friend and I just started a shared teacher blog and this was our (my) first real post! Come check us out http://droppinknowledge2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those new colors! So bright and fun! I'm now thinking I may need to do something like that soon....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. I made editable Owl Chevron labels to go on these storage units. You can check them out at my blog or store. Super fun. Now I want to go ahead and paint mine too. Thank you for sharing the type of paint you used.

    www.123kteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out great! You gotta love how a little can of spray paint can transform something simple into something super cute! I also love your blog design!!!

    I'm excited to be paired for August's Slant Box.
    Emily
    Love and the Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are super cute!! Can I ask you how well the spray paint has held up over the first half of the year? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many cans/coats did you use? They look stellar! Can't wait to do it! I plan on spending the summer making bump games for every blend/digraph we learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many cans/coats did you use? They look stellar! I'll be working on bump games for blends and digraphs this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering the same thing!? :) I have 6 sets of these drawers and there is just too much blah going on when I look at them. I have the exact same color scheme in my room so I'm excited to pin this for later in the summer. :)

      Delete
    2. I did 2 coats and still had paint left over in each can to use for other projects in my classroom! The paint has really great coverage!

      Delete
  8. I have some carts like this that are an ugly dull orange. Do you think I could spray them a pretty color like pink or lime or blue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could! I used the paint to cover black paper mache letters and it covered surprisingly really well!

      Delete
  9. Great idea!!! I need to paint mine. I was just worried they will flake or get scraped easily. I love the colors you chose and thank you for listing the colors and type of paint! I can't wait to see your classroom pics with them in!
    Happy Summer!
    Karen
    Planet Happy Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these! I have them in my room as well for each group of desks! I may have to try this...thanks for the idea! :)

    Cait
    Sliding into First!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I will be putting this on my to do list. I never thought about painting my boring white storage carts. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If I had a place to spray them that was ventilated yet out of the elements, I would hop on this. I don't have a garage. UGH!

    ReplyDelete